To help celebrate poetry month, KRCL is featuring a different Utah poet every day this week on their Radioactive public affairs program at 6pm on weekdays. Specifically, these poets are Utah county poets and members of the local poetry group Rock Canyon Poets. Tune in for National Poetry Month announcements and to hear the poets read one of their original poems.
Listen one of three ways:
- Tune into 90.9 FM via radio at 6pm, Mon – Fri this week
- Live stream here: http://www.krcl.org/listen-live
- Replay archived shows here: http://www.krcl.org/community-stories/radioactive/
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday – Chris Atkin (American Fork high school poetry club/slam team teacher)
- Tuesday – Marianne Hales Harding (Provo Poetry co-founder, Speak for Yourself Open Mic founder, univ. professor)
- Wednesday – Bonnie Shiffler-Olsen (Rock Canyon Poets co-founder)
Thursday – Trish Hopkinson (Provo Poetry co-founder, Rock Canyon Poets co-founder)
If you’re not familiar with KRCL, you should check them out. This is not some boring community radio station. They play popular/indie music with no advertisements all day, produce amazing local programming like Radioactive, and bring in great national programs such as The Grateful Dead Hour and Democracy Now! with Amy Goodman. They are big supporters of local arts–including poetry.