SEND US YOUR POEMS TO SHARE WITH THE COMMUNITY
DEADLINE: May 31, 2016
Did you miss our first submission call? Still want a chance to have your poems shared with the community in fun ways? We still need more poems!
Remember, you can send up to ten poems, so if you have only sent us a few or have yet to send us any… please send more poems!
The POEMBALL machine has been a huge hit and we need new poems to fill it as well as for other projects coming up this year.
- Poets must have lived or spent significant time in Utah County at some point in their lives.
- Poems must be appropriate for a general audience (rated PG).
- Provo Poetry is an all-inclusive community. Do not send poems with topics/speech related to hate, shaming, or cultural appropriation.
POEM LENGTH: All poems must be 25 lines or less, including blank lines for stanza breaks. Each line cannot be greater than 48 characters. If you are unsure of your line length, send poems with less than 15 lines, just in case.
NUMBER OF POEMS: Send up to ten poems in separate documents.
PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED: Previously published poems are okay! As a matter of fact, since selected poems are only intended to encourage and promote poetry in Utah County and will not be posted online or shared widely, it is safe to assume they can be submitted elsewhere as unpublished, even if accepted.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Send each poem in a separate document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject line should include the poet’s name and the word “submission”, for example: “Jane Doe Submission”.
- Include the following in the body of the email:
- current city of residence
- how you spent time in Utah County, for example: “Jane Doe, Springville, born and raised” OR “John Doe, Chicago, attended and graduated from BYU.”
- Document formats accepted are .doc, docx, and .rtf.
ACCEPTED POEMS: You will be notified via email if your poems are accepted. Accepted poems will be printed up to five times for distribution into the community in and around Provo. Poets will be accredited for their work. Distribution methods may vary. No monetary payment will be provided to poets, but please know your contribution is important and appreciated! The main goal of Provo Poetry is to instill the love of poetry within the general community, bring poems to a wider audience, and to support local poets.