What’s a POEMBALL you ask? Check out our recent press here:
- POEMBALL Machine Launch at 90.9 FM KRCL
- The Daily Herald: Poemball machine provides pops of poetry to Provo
- KSL Interview: ‘Poemball machine’ showcases local poets at Provo cafe
- City Weekly: Poem in a Ball–Provo Poetry connects the Utah Valley community to verse, one quarter at a time
SEND US YOUR POEMS TO SHARE WITH THE COMMUNITY
DEADLINE: September 30, 2018
Provo Poetry Submission Call
Send your short poems to help fill the POEMBALL machines and promote poetry in Utah!
ROUND 5 DEADLINE: September 30, 2018
Technically, we are always open to submissions, so send us poems whenever! The deadlines posted are about a month before we will print a new round of POEMBALLS.
- Poets must have lived or spent significant time in Utah at some point in their lives. Please tell us where and when in your email.
- Poems must be appropriate for a general audience (rated PG).
- Provo Poetry is an all-inclusive community. Do not send poems with topics/speech related to hate, shaming, or cultural appropriation.
- Previously published poems are okay!
POEM LENGTH: Short poems of about 20 lines or less.
NUMBER OF POEMS: Send up to ten poems. (We prefer a separate attachment for each poem sent in a single email).
SEND TO: ProvoPoetry@gmail.com
ACCEPTED POEMS: You will be notified via email if your poems are accepted. Accepted poems will be printed up to ten times for distribution into the community in and around Provo. Poets will be accredited for their work on the poems.
Distribution methods may vary. No monetary payment will be provided to poets, but please know your contribution is important and appreciated! The main goal of Provo Poetry is to instill the love of poetry within the general community, bring poems to a wider audience, and to support local poets.